shabby blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

12 weeks! 1-03-12

So I realize its the last time I can post how many weeks old she is! After 12 weeks you track your babies age by months... until 18 months and then they are just years. I suppose that makes sense. It't not like I tell people my age in weeks so I knew it would come to an end... but wow I can't believe she is already there. I remember telling people she was 12 DAYS old and it seems like just yesterday! Have I mentioned that I love this little girl? Not sure if I was clear. =) This week started out still at the cabin on Christmas vacation.Grace got to see her first snow. Okay in all honesty I don't think she actually saw it. In fact I'm pretty sure all she is thinking is "why did they stick me in this window?" haha - but she was just still too little to bundle her and stick her in the snow!
The family. Glad to finally have a show with all the members on my side! Grace was so patient during the photo shoot.
So while Grace slept during our trip we read a lot of books and played a lot of games. It is always such a relaxing time where we can really regroup and get ready for another great year! Notice all the planning taking place in Mom's new game "Pandemic"
Still giving her best smiles to her daddy!
I love this pictures. Do you think Grace knows that her Uncle Taylor loves her? I think she does! You can almost hear her saying "I love you Uncle T!" Those eyes get me every time.
Mimi and Grace! She can't wait for Mimi to move close to Cary so she can see her all the time! PS - take time to notice those hands. She has been curling up her hands close to her face since the first time I knew she was my Grace! (Yes, that was on her 20 week ultrasound!)
Beautiful view!
The boys got to get out and go on a great hike! I think it was over 6 miles... when we met up with them we stopped at one of the over looks so they could eat lunch, it was late. Grace and I walked around the parking lot 11 times! For her birthday on 10-11 of course! hehe Do you think we burned as many calories?
A friend of ours told me and Gabe this week, "It's really a shame that you guys aren't enjoying being parents." haha I guess it's kind of obvious how our world is revolving around the sweetest girl created. My angel.
Another family shot. =) I love this group! Each year it gets better. I can't wait to see how it continues to change over the next few years.
Oh Athens. Our protector.
On our way home from Blowing Rock we stopped to take a picture of Grace on the Blue Ridge Parkway. This view went on for miles!
At home we started trying on some 3-6 month PJ's. Our 0-3 month ones are getting a little tight. The 3-6 months are a little long for Grace, but wow is she ADORABLE in them! mmmm I want to kiss that face!
Grace's new playroom. We transformed our dining room into a playroom. Complete with gates and soft tile flooring. It is so nice to know she can go anywhere once she starts really rolling and crawling. AND we will not be concerned about her hitting that precious head on the concrete! The soft tiles are so squishy! =)
Grace really seeing herself for the first time. She thinks "Wow that is one good looking babe!" hehe
Uncle Taylor over on New Years Eve. He wanted to see his niece one last time in 2011!
This was how we spent the rest of 2011 and I couldn't think of a better way to do it. No party or bash would have been more meaningful then sitting in our playroom with the people I love the most. It was an amazing 2011, the best year yet.
Love.
Okay so Daddy thought this picture needed to be included. Grace gets the most awesome buggies. So almost every day we have to nasal aspirate them out. She is patient with it most of the time. It is so obvious how much better it is to breath once they are gone! We are hoping that in month 3 we really learn how to breath out our mouth so that Mommy and Daddy don't have to worry so much about those buggies! hehe
Love you sweet thing. Happy 12 weeks and happy 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment