shabby blog

Monday, August 11, 2014

A little bit of this and that

Wow. It has been so long since I have really sat down and blogged about all the things happening in our life. We have had an eventful month so I will try not to post way too many pictures Smile Although it probably will be…. You have been warned.

DSCN0043DSCN0035DSCN0040

We went camping for a long weekend at Lake Jordan. We had fun playing in the water, eating and walking back and forth to the bathroom with a toddler who knows just the right moment to announce… “I have to go potty” (like as soon as the food is set on the table…)

DSCN0042DSCN0045DSCN0051DSCN0056DSCN0062DSCN0064DSCN0078DSCN0079DSCN0083

Isaac discovered his feet while we were there… so cute! He is now a foot expert and can play all day with those toes. (remember this trip was a month ago…)

IMG_4475IMG_4492IMG_4507IMG_4517IMG_4539

We also learned that Grace is NOT allergic to bees. Although it was not a pleasant experience. Poor girl.. Boppy actually got stung once as well and Daddy got stung twice! We ended up heading back home a day early because I was pretty sure Isaac or I was next on the bees list to sting… and worrying about a toddler having an allergic reaction was stressful – I did not want to be going through worrying about a baby reaction.

IMG_4544IMG_4541

All in all it was a great trip. Daddy and Grace played fairy lights with the flash lights and laughed and told stories into the night. (you can ask Uncle Taylor… who was trying to sleep… they really did) Smile

DSC_6271-001DSC_6273-001

Isaac turned 4 months! He is now 13 lbs 3 oz (or was when we went to the dr 2 weeks ago) He is growing up a storm. Laughing, sitting up assisted in a bumpy or bouncer, cooing back to talk and full full full of smiles this boy!

DSC_6311-001

Just so we can go back and see these first four months and how he has changed!

DSC_5015DSC_5138DSC_6002DSC_6293-001 

And for the rest of life… a lot of laughter, a lot of pool time, going to museums (usually by myself or with Mimi and Boppy…) I have found that keeping up with the needs to two children is a FULL time job. This means socializing is kind of out of the question, unless we are at an “in home” play date. lol. So most of the time I want to go and experience something I do it solo, or with my trusty grandparent helpers!

IMG_4357IMG_4373IMG_4380

Marbles Museum – amazing trip with my two. 

IMG_4401IMG_4404IMG_4421

Such laughter with Jake… this was moments before Grace did a diving roll and pretty sure she sprained her ankle.. it took several hours before she could walk on it again. Ice, more ice and resting. Another total Mommy worry moment. I mean serious worry. If it was any day besides a sunday we would have been at the doctor.

IMG_4550IMG_4566IMG_4575

Yes she is in his crib… yes she got in there herself. And you now know why I had Grace in the floor bed at 10 months. And why I can’t let them share a room until Isaac can defend himself better Smile

IMG_4581

This picture of Grace washing her bike…. oh my goodness it screams summer time to me Smile Uncle Taylor did a great job getting this shot!

IMG_4606IMG_4607IMG_4618

My beautiful babies. Notice Isaac sits like a big boy at restaurants in his Hugga Bebe. Those things are AMAZING! I can’t imagine not having had it with either of my kids. Allows those little ones to observe so much more.

IMG_4654

Grace in her Elsa Dress “Oh Mommy, I am…. beautiful!” Self esteem… check Smile

IMG_4669IMG_4683IMG_4694

Oh that face. How can you not smile? He is seriously the cutest boy ever. He has my heart (and I now understand how Mama’s of boys get so protective. I cm going to have to work on it… because right now I am pretty sure I would tear anyone apart who tried to hurt this guy… unless its Grace and then she would just get time out) hehe

IMG_4705IMG_4725

 

Grace being silly with some of her friends! Love these little crazies Smile It is so fun to watch them interacting now that they are older.

IMG_4741

4 month appointment. Isaac did great – I was more impressed with how patient Grace was through the whole thing! I usually try and schedule Isaac’s appointments when Grace is at “school” but it didn’t work out this day. Way to go big sis and lil bro!

IMG_4753IMG_4755

Actually able to get him to start taking some bm (breast milk) from a bottle. I am thinking I may actually get to leave his side every once in a while! I actually did leave him with Daddy for 2 hours this past weekend, armed with a pre-pumped bottle they were good to go! Daddy played Mr. Mom and Mommy got a relaxing break. aww wonderful.

IMG_4759IMG_4774IMG_4780

Isaac and his friend Oliver – they actually share a birthday! Crazy! But Isaac came 3 weeks early, and Oliver was 2 weeks late…. lol.

IMG_4795IMG_4808IMG_4819

The beginning attempts at rolling. We get our whole body onto its side and even our bottom is flipped onto our belly. Always when we are trying to watch Grace Smile It won’t be long before that head pops up on its own!

IMG_4814IMG_4824

And starting to think about solids… ok really this guy wont be trying any solids until closer to 6 months – but grace is having fun pretending with her play kitchen stuff. Can’t tell if Isaac is going… “hey where is the real stuff?” or “seriously – you are letting the toddler shove this spoon into my mouth? help mommy!” hehe…. oh my amazing sweet wonderful seriously loved boy – you are the second child SmileThere are great benefits. Pretty sure I am way more relaxed…. I am actually enjoying the baby stage instead of just wishing it away… but it means every once in a while you will have a giant pretend spoon shoved into your mouth. hehe

IMG_4856IMG_4861

Ok – so today has been a real treat. My child went to sleep (nap) without a huge fight… as in she actually laid her head on the pillow and just fell asleep. hallelujah! Nap time has been an every other day occurrence around here. She is still so grumpy by 5 if she does not nap. She needs to nap. But some days it just doesn’t happen. So today was amazing. 2.5 hours to clean the bathroom, research pest control (will get to that one day on here), repaint a little kid table and actually blog. Ok and a lot of random internet reading. Trying each day to make myself slow down and enjoy this day. For this is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. (Even when sometimes that is hard to do.)

Love to each of you.

K

No comments:

Post a Comment