shabby blog

Monday, July 2, 2012

Beach, Sand, Water, Sun (Part 1)

A normal morning whether at the Beach or at home, tired looking parents feeding a sleepy looking Grace. hehe It is nice how some things stay the same no matter where you are.



Its AQUARIUM day! Grace is ready to go! We picked the perfect day to head to Fort Fisher Aquarium, it was the only over cast day of the week. Grace even had to wear a sweater in the morning, it was a little windy. Such great memories! When we first got there, she wasn't sure about those things swimming in the tanks, but by the end the fish were her friends!

 




 




 

 

 


 

A couple mornings while we were there we went on a Mac family breakfast on the beach. We had so much fun with Grace, Mommy, and Daddy. We took this picture of Grace written in the sand, exactly the same way we wrote Grace in the sand when Mommy was pregnant last june! (picture at bottom of post)




Day trip to Wilmington! We tried to go to the beach every other day for her long period (9am-12pm) and on the off days we did other interesting things around the area. Grace got to see her first horse! It was BIG!! She was not 100% sure about it, but she did decide in the end it was at least worth a pet!






We ate out at a couple great restaurants. Grace also liked to show everyone how impressive she is, she can crawl, walk with assistance, chat up a storm, high five, and even wave! She is one amazing Grace!


 




Swimming at the townhouse! It was like having our own private pool! We hung out here everyday after Grace got up from her long nap (12pm-2pm) Grace has gotten really great and kicking, splashing, and moving around in the water!






There was a dog park about half a mile from our town house. It was so hot and humid that we didn't visit very often, but when we did the dogs loved having a chance to run. For about 10 minutes then they just wanted to lay in the water! hehe



Great pictures with Uncle Taylor and J-pa!



Our last morning on the beach. What an amazing trip. I never did get the camera back down to the water during our swimming time, just got so busy in the being in the water I forgot. But I did get some great pictures during one of our breakfast trips. I just love this man and this little girl. I am one lucky Mama.




  








And of course a trip to Britts Donuts the last day while Grace was sleeping! Thanks Mimi for watching her so we could enjoy some fresh and yummy donuts! And thank you Mimi and J-pa for an amazing vacation. We are so lucky to be apart of this family!




Grace, my girl, your first vacation was an amazing success. I tell you each day, but I want you to never doubt it, I love you, I love you, I love you, I love you. From your sweet blue eyes (which yes, will probably get you into trouble when you are older) to your stinky feet, every piece of you is a gift that I never take for granted. You go with me, like socks go with shoes, like fish go with water, like kites go with wind. Grace, you are my baby girl. You are strong, energetic, thoughtful, and amazing. I love you sweet one.
xoxo
Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment