shabby blog

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Slowing Down

There are still so many great memories surrounding Grace's 1st birthday. I know I already mentioned how thankful we were that Great Grandmommy got to come visit with us on her special day, but I wanted to post a couple more pictures that I just love! Grace was so fascinated by all of Grandmommy's jewelry. Her awesome pink ribbon pin and her V necklace. They were favorites for sure!

 


This week after the flury of last week pictures we decided to take practically no pictures at all! I laughed this morning when I uploaded my camera and only found 4 pictures, none of which are really great pictures... and almost all Grace helping me clean! We did have a great and busy week but we really just enjoyed living and I forgot to photograph it all. The quick run down for the week.

1. Went to the doctors. Grace is 18 lbs 10 oz and 28 inches tall. She falls in the 10% for weight, no surprise and the 20% for height!

2. Grace took 2 steps! She has now taken 2 steps a couple of different times. Today was actually the most obvious as she took 2 steps into the middle of the room, stopped, bent down and picked something up then sat down gently with it! YAY no big fall at the end!





Ok I told you the pictures weren't great quality! Here is a cute video I took the other day waiting for Daddy to get home. Its so cute because she knows when I open the door after nap it must be time for him to arrive. I don't even say anything, I just open the door and she goes over and starts saying "da da da da"


Sweet Grace,
I can't believe you are so close to walking! It is amazing to watch you become more confident. You have the balance and the mobility to do it, now you just need the courage. I love you sweet girl. Some of my favorite days are just you and me at home watching you explore and play. You now have total access to the entire house (minus the bedrooms/bathrooms which are closed off) and you go everywhere and look at everything! We even opened the couches up so you can get to the playroom through the living room now and you LOVE that. If Daddy is in one room and I am in the other, you go back and forth around and around. It is so cute! I love you all the fish in the sea times all the stars in the sky. You are my sunshine.
xoxo
Mommy & Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment