shabby blog

Monday, May 19, 2014

Dedicating Isaac on Mother’s Day

IMG_8786IMG_8795IMG_8799

It was an absolutely beautiful Mother’s Day. The morning started with Daddy and Grace going out in PJ’s and bringing back gorgeous flowers. Purple was the obvious choice as anyone who knows us well knows our terrific first born is kind of obsessed. :) We took a few pictures of me and my chicks before heading out to church. We attended service and then we went to a special dedication afterwards. We were blessed to be able to dedicate Isaac at 6 weeks. Ironically and totally out of our control we also dedicated Grace at 6 weeks. We talked a lot before the dedication about what it really means to dedicate him, why we are doing it, and how we can hold ourselves responsible to be the kind of parents these amazing kids deserve.

IMG_2800IMG_3448IMG_3449IMG_3451IMG_3450

This dedication was not just about Isaac, although obviously he was a crucial part, it was also about dedicating us as parents. We promised to be the kind of parents who model what they teach, who continually show God’s love and mercy to our kids, and who are reminded daily and speak openly about the blessings our heavenly father has bestowed upon us. Who would have thought we would be here? And yet here we are, having gone through the unspeakable and being stronger because of it. 7 months ago we were not the kind of parents we are today… and our kids are luckier to have the people we are now as their caretakers. Amazing how God works. My big Mother’s Day surprise (when the day was seriously already perfect) came at Mimi and Boppy’s that evening for dinner. Gabe surprised me with a beautiful canvas of my favorite picture of Grace and Isaac when he was first born. It is absolutely gorgeous and already hanging up in our apartment. <3

Mother's Day SunshineKendall's Mother Day Surprise

Tot school continues. This week was M so of course we made a mess. Grace is still obsessed with mixing red and blue together… to get you know what. hehe. I did however leave and change the laundry for about 2 minutes while she was working… and I came back to the last picture. I sure love this kiddo. lol. It was the kind of moment where the first thing out of my mouth was “What did you do???” and then I stopped, took a breath, and realized it was part of being 2. Someday I will look back on these days and wish them back, so I am enjoying them while they are here. hehe. We did take a bath immediately after she declared she was all done. lol

IMG_2818IMG_2821IMG_2827

Isaac continues to be the best baby boy in the entire world. Yes, I am partial :) and totally smitten with this kid. He is really smiling these days very intentionally and I love it. When his little face sees me and starts to smile its like the whole world freezes and I just want to pick him up and kiss him all over. Ok yes I am well aware that this is it for me baby wise, and no I do not want to have a number 3, but wow he is so adorable and sweet I see how people end up with a bus full of children. <3

IMG_2829IMG_2857IMG_2880

I will leave you with one final picture and moment (Yes I have HUNDREDS of pictures from this week but honestly I just can’t tell you about every amazing thing that God has blessed us with this week… there are just so many) So the final moment was Grace and Isaac’s first dance. These two… they are absolutely the BEST!

IMG_2865

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment