shabby blog

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Happy 1 Month Bubsi!

IMG_2448IMG_2452

Happy One Month Isaac! I can’t believe it has already been a month, and yet it also feels like you have been here forever. <3 Things I have learned about parenting in the last month. 1. I actually can and am good at breast feeding. Ok really its Isaac who is good…. but after my continual struggles with having a first born who did not want to put on weight, or eat in general, it has been so relaxing this time around to have a kid who wants to and LOVES to eat! Thank you for that gift. 2. There really is no perfect way, to do anything. You continually try your best and go with whatever works for that moment. Understanding fully that the same thing probably wont work five minutes from now, and that is ok too. 3. I am enjoying each moment… because it will be the last time I will ever experience having a baby this small. Smell those sweet baby smells, laugh when the poop and pee go everywhere, and fold that laundry every day with gratitude, because those teeny tiny clothes, they get big so quickly…

IMG_2447IMG_2451IMG_2450

The run down on little man. We went to his regular doctor appointment and he is doing fabulous. I actually had no questions for the doctor this week – shocker! and after giving him a thorough check up they gave him a thumbs up and said see you in a month! He is now 20 3/4 inches and weighs in at a HUGE 9lbs 3oz… although we are pretty sure from our home scale he is up to 9lbs 10oz as of yesterday! It is so funny because yes other people see him and he still appears to be tiny, but for us, Grace wasn’t 10 lbs until 4  months… so to have a baby that close to 10 lbs and not even 6 weeks – WOW! He is just growing up a storm.We also had his hearing evaluation this week. Talk about 2 hours in a tiny sweaty room hoping a baby would stay perfectly still and not make a sound. It was an interesting experience, and I am sure he would have been the cutest baby with a hearing aid, but prayers were answered and we wont be going that route. Isaac tested perfectly in both his ears and has no sign of fluid! Apparently there was fluid in his mid ear which was blocking the sound from getting back, but it drained on its own. Thank you God! Grace helps me make sure we get in Isaac’s play pat time and tummy time each day. She is fabulous and setting out his toys and seeing that he gets his proper play in so that someday he will be big enough to play with her. She tells him “You are still little but you are growing!” hehe

IMG_2413IMG_2415IMG_2417IMG_2420

The run down on Tink. Ballet has started again and she continues to love dancing around the house and class as a tiny ballerina. We have continued modifying our diet and her diet to include less sugar and carbs and more protein, veggies and fruit. Grace is finally getting to the point where the first thing she asks for is not a sandwich, although she did ask for pasta this morning, lol. We have noticed a huge difference in both her and our ability to sleep, consistent energy levels instead of high highs and low lows, and just general calmness .(Which is fantastic to have even 50% of the time with a 2.5 year old!) Her imagination is blowing us away. We often have pink sea horses swimming in our water glasses, that we can swallow and will make our tummy’s dance. There is also a purple unicorn that apparently runs through our house and is often out on the porch waiting for her. I don’t remember having such a vivid imagination as a kid, but I sure am enjoying the amazing mind God gave my daughter. I could sit and watch her play for hours… and I do. <3

IMG_2449

As for other news, this week has had some major emotional ups and downs. We hit the big 6 month mark this week. 6 months of our new life, 6 months since I woke up and really started following Jesus, all the time, not just when it was convenient. 6 months of living, really living, not taking a moment for granted and realizing how special life is. It also means we are having to really start looking at forgiveness. My forgiveness of him. His forgiveness of his childhood. What does it all mean? How does it look to really let go and move on? Am I still holding on to anything or have I truly given it to God? Someone said and I love this, that forgiveness and restoration are two different things. Forgiveness we must do, we are forgiven so we must forgive. Restoration on the other hand is a choice. I decided to restore my marriage. To work and see what was left and if it could be saved. To see if trust could ever fully be restored. It is hard. Restoration is hard – its work daily. Giving up control to God is one of the most paralyzing and yet exhilarating things I have ever done and I do it on a daily basis… but that is what makes my God so amazing. The fact that I know, no matter what happens in life, what circumstances I may find myself in, He will always be there and He will always find a way to make it into a beautiful story. God is not finished with me yet.

IMG_2492IMG_2499IMG_2553

IMG_2537IMG_2545IMG_2547

No comments:

Post a Comment