shabby blog

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

37 Weeks - FULL TERM

Grace Jacklyn Macaluso


I have been very hesitant to sit down and write this blog until today. Usually I write my update on Sunday because I am just so excited! Then I wait until Tuesday to post it. This week has been just as exciting, just in a different way. Everyday it is a guess as to whether or not Grace will come. Mommy's one goal was for her to make it to 37 week and GUESS WHAT!?!? Our baby finally made it to full term! We are so filled with thankfulness. To think that 3 weeks ago we were at the hospital crying at the prospect of her coming so early she would need medical help to breath. Today she would be able to breath on her own. =) Of course if she wants to stay cooking in there she still has 3 more weeks to do so! We are so excited to meet our Grace. It is hard to wait but after having been on the other extreme of her coming early, we are more then willing to be patient. Here is what the pregnancy websites say about this week:

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb.

Daddy has been spending a lot of time watching Grace kick and throw herself at my belly this past week. I am pretty sure she thinks it is a bouncy house in there! Mommy spent another week chilling on the green couch! We have a doctor appointment at 4:30 this afternoon where we find out what Mom will be doing tomorrow. My guess.... it's back to Bethesda until Grace makes her entrance. =)

Can't wait to meet you sweet girl!


1 comment:

  1. You go Grace!! =) and Mommy and Daddy too!

    Have I mentioned I love the blog ??? =)

    ReplyDelete