shabby blog

Wednesday, February 26, 2014

The Circus and Baby Shower

This take two at life has turned out to be a pretty amazing chance. Our family continues to grow and change each day as we learn more about God and how to be a good servant, as we learn what it means to love each other with kindness and compassion, as we learn to talk through the stuff that so often gets buried under the shield of "business". We are still an active family, I don't think that will change. However there is something slower about our activities, its not a rush to get somewhere and we just enjoy the experience more. We take the time to count each blessing from waking up in the morning, to giving Grace hugs, to having nice clothes to wear, to friendships, to laughter. Strange as it sounds... my husbands affairs taught me to live. I mean really live. They taught me to enjoy the moment. They showed me how to be a better version of myself then I was before or then I ever thought I could be. My husband's unfaithfulness saved my life and gave me a deep relationship with God, one that I would have given anything for.
This past weekend we took Grace to the CIRCUS! We saw tigers, elephants, bunnies, dogs and horses too. We saw people spinning, clowns juggling and dancers on stage. Grace sat with her eyes glued to the stage in amazement. Oh and one hand in the popcorn bowl. hehe
When we asked her about her favorite part she said it was the elephants. She wants to sit on top of them like the dancing girls did. I think she would look great up there, although I would miss her terribly if she ran off and joined the Ringling Brothers Circus!


The  next day was my baby sprinkle for Isaac. God has been so amazing to put a great group of women in my life during this transitional stage of figuring out who I am in God's community and who we are as a family. I have been truly blessed by each of the women who attended the sprinkle and am excited to have them in our lives as we begin this chapter of being a family of 4.


My friend Jessica threw the baby shower and we used my parents house as the venue. Jessica did an amazing job. Everything looked so cute and all Isaac. He is my little airplane boy, we have airplanes everywhere in my room and on all of his things, so I loved the touch of planes and flying. Thank you Jessica!



Enjoying some food before the games. We had so much fun playing the games Jessica picked out. Guessing how many candies were in the bottle, trying to identify baby food and coming up with creative A-Z boy names.

Yes - there is Isaac popping out. I am at 33 weeks 2 days in these pictures.



Again I am just feeling incredible blessed these days. Thank you to all those who came out and enjoyed the great food and laughs with me. I am one lucky Mama to be surrounded by so much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment