shabby blog

Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Four: Week 1

So much has happened in the first week and we are already half way through week 2 so I figured I better start writing about it! We continue to thank God for this life, for this healthy pregnancy, safe delivery, and healthy baby to add to our family. We truly feel like a piece was missing we didn't even realize and now we feel whole. Mama at 37 weeks!
 The last maternity picture I took - 38 weeks and yes I went into labor this day!
My beautiful and joyful daughter who continues to be my only sunshine. Although my love for her brother is unreal - who knew you really do fall completely in love with baby number 2, but wow this girl. She makes my heart sing.
Daddy and little man. He is calm and peaceful about 90% of the time. The other 10% he knows exactly what he wants and wishes we would figure it out quicker then we do! :) It is so fun to see his little personality coming out already.
Hanging out on the porch enjoying the beautiful weather we have been having! Mama is definitely ready for spring and summer!
Awake time! Trying to keep this little guy awake more of the day so that he will sleep more at night.... I think the most consecutive sleep I have gotten is 2.5 hours and that was maybe once or twice since he has been born. So cute and adorable but I am TIRED! :) He is worth it though.


I'm trying to remember each day how quickly this phase passes. The newborn phase will be gone before we know it. Goodness so will the infant and even the toddler. My big 2.5 year old blows me away with all the things she knows, remembers and shares with us. It just goes so fast.
Love his strawberry blonde hair! And how different it is from Grace's. When Grace was born she had thick dark hair which is totally opposite. Both favorites :)
Our first family walk! We have been trying to walk around the apartment complex each night. Rain has put a damper on things, but hopefully we will be back to this soon!


Yes, my diva and her fashion since. I love it :)
Sleeping... soundly... in the middle of the day. We have to leave the lights on in our room at night to try and trick him into thinking it is still day so he should sleep!
Uncle Taylor. Best Uncle ever! He visits often and always makes time for both his niece and his nephew.

Grace got new shoes! That's right I left Isaac with Boppy in his first week and headed to stride rite to find some princess sandals for my girl.
Madly in love with this tiny face.
To celebrate 1 week we took Grace and Isaac to the Bloom Festival with the whole family (Mimi, Boppy, Tay Tay, Daddy, Mama) We had a great time. We looked at all kinds of flowers.

We blew giant bubbles.

We listened to story time, pretended we were seeds, and then planted some beans.

It was a great day of celebrating. And we were exhausted afterwards.
Ok well not so tired we couldn't take some 1 week pictures! 1 week of being a big sister! WOOHOO!
1 week of being alive! YAY!


My beautiful children, Grace & Isaac,
May you realize how amazing you both are. Never be afraid to show who you are. Be vulnerable, be compassionate. Remember always that this life is a gift from God. Praise and glorify him. Love others. I continue to pray that I can be the kind of example God expects from me. I love you both.
xoxo
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment