shabby blog

Monday, April 14, 2014

Four: Week 2!

Two weeks and so much of the world and life seems right and normal. Not sure if it is the love hormone rushing out of my body each time I nurse my tiny son or if it is having a husband who is such a huge help and support this time around or if it is being entertained by my joyful and full of life and love toddler during the day time hours, but something is going so well. I am 100% sure that part of the huge amount of love and joy I have felt these last two weeks is coming directly from my heavenly fathers love. I am continually shocked and amazed at how much peace there is when you let go of control. Babies, toddlers, husbands, houses, cars, scheduling, friendships, these are all things I managed so tightly for my first 28 years. For the last 6 months I realized my control was a total illusion, the only one with any control is Him and even then sometimes I wont get “His plan” until I reach my final destination, and surprisingly not only am I ok with that, I am more at peace then I have ever been before. Thank you God for letting me hit rock bottom, so I could realize what a gift listening to a newborn cry is, and what a gift it is to clean up the play room 100 times because I am blessed to have this family where it is today.
IMG_1900 IMG_8601 IMG_8606
This week – big week TWO. Two weeks of life, two weeks being a big sister, two weeks being a family of four. Isaac got his first BATH! It was pretty much what I remembered of Grace getting her first bath. Lots of protesting followed by a long and deep sleep. hehe. This time we had a super helper girl though. After a few face washing attempts she was put in charge of making sure his feet were cleaned properly. :)
IMG_1904IMG_1910IMG_1920IMG_1925
Life amazes me with how smoothly it is transferring from one kid to two. We have been totally spoiled the last two weeks and will continue to be for the next two with people bringing us dinners each night. Gabe’s amazing Aunt MaryAnn even ordered us dinner from Chicago and had it delivered… twice! So granite I have not had to do any big “errands” or worry about what we are eating… so I have been able to really focus on loving these two kiddos and trying to make life as “normal” as possible (especially when running on 5-6 hours of sleep a night broken down into 2 hour chunks!) I LOVE the sleepy newborn phase with this boy, he is so sweet and snuggly… but I will enjoy getting more sleep at night some day. :)
IMG_1937IMG_1939IMG_1948
IMG_1932IMG_1952IMG_1960
I try to do tot school each day with Grace. We work on different letters, counting, fine motor skills, all fun stuff. I also got in a date with Grace this week. Mimi babysat Isaac so Grace and I could go hang out. We ran some errands and came back with Easter goodies and several new toys. I just love listening to her talk and hearing all her thoughts about life. She is quite chatty now and it is absolutely adorable.
IMG_1976IMG_1984IMG_1987
IMG_1994IMG_2005IMG_2003
We continue to work on tummy time and play mat time each day. Grace loves getting involved. Like actually literally involved… sitting on the mat with him and doing tummy time herself. It is a good thing her neck is so strong. hehe She is a good big sister!
IMG_2035IMG_2037IMG_2040
Friday, April 11th was a special day in our house! Not only was it Mommy’s due date… but it was also Grace’s HALF BIRTHDAY! So of course we sang happy half birthday to you in the morning at breakfast. At art class with Mimi her teacher and classmates sang happy half birthday, we went to the park after nap to hang out with some friends….
IMG_2042IMG_2044IMG_8664IMG_8684IMG_8700
Dinner was a special night out at Panera.. Grace’s pick. She now does her own ordering when we go
there “Macar-O-niii and CHEEEEEZ please!” Isaac also enjoyed his first restaurant experience…. Then we headed to a nice green space in a new dress to take some half birthday pictures. Grace had more fun running around the green area and at one point had a total I AM DONE moment… so we just enjoyed running with her. ;)
12345
So smitten with this little peanut! And finally below we celebrated the big TWO weeks on Saturday with a trip to Bond Park’s Easter Egg Hunt. Isaac had trouble really getting excited about it… haha, but Grace loved it. We gathered eggs, ate a lollipop, and watched a magic show while eating a picnic lunch. It was a beautiful day and the whole family was there! We are so lucky.
IMG_8714IMG_8718IMG_8721IMG_8726IMG_8730IMG_8732DSC_4609DSC_4611DSC_4612DSC_4620DSC_4623DSC_4635DSC_4643DSC_4644DSC_4651DSC_4653DSC_4680DSC_4717
Ok my sunshine girl and my bubsi boy (no idea why but you are bubsi), 
You two are seriously an incredibly precious gift and I realize how lucky I am to have each moment being your mom. Thank you for being such a great model of joy, contentment, curiosity and love. I hope to be able to relax and enjoy life the way you both do. One moment at a time. 
xoxo 
Mommy

2 comments: